Unmanaged Hybrid Server and managed Hybrid Server (Hybrid hosting)
Hybrid servers: virtual servers with at least 1 terrabyte of usable disc space, 20GB RAM and 6 CPUs with a monthly starting price of just per month. Each Hybrid Server can be provided with a control panel (cpanel or plesk) which simplifies the management of your websites. Hybrid Server systems utilise the latest KVM Virtualisation:
hypervisor integrates deeply into the server's os
this ensures the software can use the hardware to its maximum potential
They make a great and affordable alternative to a VPS for any small to medium sized business. Our entry level Hybrid Server systems, both unmanaged (where only the hardware is managed by us) and managed (where both hardware and all software is managed by us) offer massive processing power with at least a 1TB space.
What is a Hybrid Server?
A Hybrid Server provides your own server environment much like a dedicated server where you have FULL CONTROL of the server environment including the option of root access if required.
The basic advantages and disadvantages are listed below:
- Lower costs over a dedicated server
- Discs are not shared
- Disc input and output can be high volume writes and reads
- Your Hybrid Server will always have its separate virtual share of the hardware: memory, and CPUs
- You can configure the os as per your own requirements
- Install any custom applications you wish
- Increased responsibility
- The CPUs are shared, there will be others on the same physical machine