Sept 2021 Newsletter from Seiretto Ltd
In this newsletter:
- How to transfer your .gov.uk domain, when and what to
- NHS failed projects again
- HP printers compromised, stay secure and check for updates
How to transfer your .GOV.UK domain, when and what to complete
When transferring a domain name the main objective should be to complete the move with NO downtime and complete in the shortest period possible.
The outline of steps to complete are:
1. setup a new DNS account, or web hosting account, for the domain name.
2. add DNS, webpages, databases, mailboxes, etc, to your new DNS/web hosting account.
3. test webpages and main parts of website are working, test DNS records are working - this stage is important to ensure the move completes with no downtime
(there is an example of testing DNS here: https://www.seiretto.com/domains/faq.php#dns )
4. inform your new host and JISC you are ready to transfer your domain name in.
Your new host should/will complete the rest for you (we provide you will all the required documentation to ensure your domain is moved in good time, while informing you of the progress at each stage).
The whole process can be completed in 48 hours, but is best spread over 7 days.
Leave the hassle to us: we know how to deal with transfers of .gov.uk
and .ac.uk domains having dealt with JISC for 20 years see:
More details on transferring your .gov.uk domain name: https://www.seiretto.com/domains/how-to-transfer-.gov.uk-domain-names.php
Thank you for reading, please let us know if you have any queries or questions?
Missed a newsletter? Copies of most of them are online here: